6/26/08

The Coder's Lament

I worked until 3:30 on the user interface.
The garbage I wrote after 2 will have to be replaced.

Why did I smoke that midnight joint, and not just go to bed?
Now I'm stuck with labyrinthine code and pounding head.

Through some potent magic, it is running in IE.
I wonder, will this motherfucker work in Firefox 3?

Wish I could spare 10 minutes, grab a sandwich at Subway
I think I have some cheese left -- did I eat it yesterday?

Some twitchy, frantic rummaging through fridge and shelves reveals
That an iffy jar of pickles must comprise my next two meals.

There's nothing new on digg! I smell awful! I have to pee!
I haven't left my room in days! Is this the life for me?

Why does this form keep breaking? I could swear my code is sound.
Oh, here it is on line 14: the vile rogue comma, found!

I'm two hours over deadline, but they haven't emailed yet.
Fuck them, I haven't slept this week! I'm too far gone to fret.

I close my eyes and press reload. Come on, don't break, you jerk.
O, wonder of all wonders! The thing works, it works,
it works!

No comments: